Elena Xiong received her Bachelor of Law degree from a top tier law school in Beijing, China before coming to Vancouver to obtain her Juris Doctor from Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia. As a summer student in a premier Chinese business law firm and in Sichuan High People’s Court, Elena gained valuable experience and expertise with both the Canadian and Chinese legal system and is fluent in Mandarin.
Elena works with senior Estate Litigation lawyers on issues such as Committee Appointments and Adult Guardianship, Trust and Proprietary Estoppel Claims, and Joint Tenancy and Estate planning. With a passionate approach to law, Elena is also committed to social justice. She has volunteered for the Arusha Women Legal Aid and Human Rights Organization in Tanzania, sponsored by her law school’s Dean’s Public Interest Fellowship, and in her 2nd year at law school she joined an International Justice and Human Rights Clinic, participating in a report to Justice Canada regarding global supply chain transparency legislation.
- 2017 Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, BC
- 2014 Bachelor of Law, China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, China
- 2017 – Present – Lawyer, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – 2017 Clinician and Switch Board Operator, UBC Law Students Legal Advice Program, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 Summer Intern, Fangda Partners, Beijing, China
- 2013-2014 Student Assistant, The Global Network for Public Interest Law, Beijing, China
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2016 – 2017 Treasure, Honey Badger Women’s Rugby Team at Peter A. Allard School of Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – 2016 VP External, Asia Pacific Law Club, Vancouver, BC
- Member of Canadian Bar Association
- Member of Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL)