April 10th, 2017
SETTLE FOR MORE WITH THE EXPERTS,
AT MACLEAN ESTATE LITIGATION.
LOSING A LOVED ONE IS HARD ENOUGH.
DON'T LOSE YOUR SHARE OF THE ESTATE TOO.
UNFAIRLY LABELLED THE BLACK SHEEP AND LEFT OUT OF THE WILL?
WE'LL SHEPHERD YOU TO A FAIR SETTLEMENT.
YOU'VE BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY.
MACLEAN LAW WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.
WHEN YOUR INHERITANCE HAS GONE TO THE DOGS.
HIRE US AND RECEIVE YOUR FAIR SHARE.
Our clients appreciate our efficient, results oriented approach to Wills and Estate litigation disputes. If you have been left out of a Will or believe that you have not received your fair share of an estate, we can provide legal help in order to get you your fair share of an estate under the BC Wills Estate and Succession Act also known as “WESA.” In addition to rules under WESA, you might also be able to make a claim for unjust enrichment or a constructive trust. We will help guide you to a successful resolution at a very turbulent time in your life.
WILLS, ESTATES AND SUCCESSION ACT
In 2014 the WESA came into force. The act provides greater clarity for individuals who put their last wishes into writing. It also simplifies the process for those responsible for distributing an estate such as an executor, committee or lawyer.
- Clarifies the process of inheritance when a person dies without leaving a will;
- Makes the process easier for a person to transfer the title of their spousal home when their spouse dies;
- Clearly outlines the sequence in which to look for heirs to a person’s estate;
- provides the courts with more latitude to ensure a deceased person’s last wishes will be respected;
- clarifies obligations relating to property inheritance in the context of Nisga’a and Treaty First Nation lands; and
- lowers the minimum age at which a person can make a will from 19 to 16 years old.
RESOLVING ESTATE LITIGATION MATTERS WITH MACLEAN LAW
The estate litigation lawyers can assist you with:
April 8th, 2017
April 8th, 2017