SETTLE FOR MORE WITH THE EXPERTS,
AT MACLEAN ESTATE LITIGATION.
PROTECT YOUR SHARE OF THE INHERITANCE.
LOVED ONES UNDER UNDUE INFLUENCE?
LOSING A LOVED ONE IS HARD ENOUGH.
DON'T LOSE YOUR SHARE OF THE ESTATE TOO.
UNFAIRLY LABELLED THE BLACK SHEEP AND LEFT OUT OF THE WILL?
WE'LL SHEPHERD YOU TO A FAIR SETTLEMENT.
YOU'VE BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY.
MACLEAN LAW WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.
WHEN YOUR INHERITANCE HAS GONE TO THE DOGS.
HIRE US AND RECEIVE YOUR FAIR SHARE.
Our clients appreciate our efficient, results oriented approach to Wills and Estate litigation disputes. If you have been left out of a Will or believe that you have not received your fair share of an estate, we can provide legal help in order to get you your fair share of an estate under the BC Wills Estate and Succession Act also known as “WESA.” In addition to rules under WESA, you might also be able to make a claim for unjust enrichment or a constructive trust. We will help guide you to a successful resolution at a very turbulent time in your life.
Estate Litigation Lawyers Vancouver 1-877-602-9900
Our top rated estate litigation lawyers Vancouver team are cognizant that BC elder financial abuse is now a serious issue and we can help you take swift steps to protect a loved one and recover missing income and assets from fraudsters. Power of attorney abuse is now rampant say Elder Abuse Rights agencies and many times the person taking advantage of a senior is a family member or trusted caregiver.
Family law and estate litigation cases are similar and overlap so hiring the same top rated family law AND estate litgation lawyer makes good sense. MacLean Law ‘s estate litigation lawyers Vancouver team is a repeat winner of Vancouver’s top rated family law firm.
Losing a loved one is hard enough. Don’t lose your share of the estate too.
WILLS, ESTATES AND SUCCESSION ACT
In 2014 the WESA came into force. The act provides greater clarity for individuals who put their last wishes into writing. It also simplifies the process for those responsible for distributing an estate such as an executor, committee or lawyer. WESA maintains the rights for spouses and children to vary unfair Wills and:
- Clarifies the process of inheritance when a person dies without leaving a will;
- Makes the process easier for a person to transfer the title of their spousal home when their spouse dies;
- Clearly outlines the sequence in which to look for heirs to a person’s estate;
- Provides the courts with more latitude to ensure a deceased person’s last wishes will be respected;
- Clarifies obligations relating to property inheritance in the context of Nisga’a and Treaty First Nation lands; and
- Lowers the minimum age at which a person can make a will from 19 to 16 years old.
- contains a brand new onus clause for undue influence
- will take into account the impact of the new Family Law Act on spousal will variation claims
RESOLVING ESTATE LITIGATION MATTERS WITH MACLEAN LAW
Our top rated family law and estate litigation lawyers in Vancouver can assist you with:
To help resolve your estate litigation claim, call our offices for the best legal representation in Vancouver, Surrey, Fort St. John Calgary Richmond and Kelowna. Call 604 576 5400 or submit your inquiry.